The WAAM Internship will provide students with practical hands on experience on how a marketing organisation functions. Students will be actively involved and engaged in the day to day activities that the WAAM staff are involved in thus providing them with invaluable experience and exposure.
- Developing Marketing Plans
- Lead Generation Techniques
- Market Research
- Concept Development
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
- Video & Film Production
- Website Design & Development
- Social Networking
- Account Manager
- Business Development
- Concept Development
- Digital Marketing
- Market Research
- Business Analyst
- Internal Communication
- Starter Experience: This level includes students at school and those with little to no marketing knowledge or experience.Advantages: starting to know what it means to work in a marketing office, team sharing, online marketing and improving computer knowledge.
- Entry Level: Entry level internships are for graduated people and individuals with intermediate marketing knowledge and have intermediate knowledge of specific software applications.Advantages: work on specific tasks in marketing planning, brainstorming, challenging activities, professional growth.
- Higher Level Education: This includes individuals with higher level qualifications such as MBA or Masters in Marketing and Communication as well as individuals with strong marketing experience who wish to be involved in the whole marketing planning process for different markets. Advantages: leadership growth, customer marketing, planning, management, and responsibility, business development, office organisation, internal procedure review, team management, project management.
- Metrics: people who see the world in different shades of numbers and words.
- Gen Y: people who think that the ipod is a significant invention in mankind's history.
- Guerrilla marketers: an out of the box mentality to marketing is one you adopt.
- Analysers: target markets, consumer demographics, marketing proposals...this is just the type of information crunching you like
- Bloggers: people who share and transfer information to others... the need to be heard is exhilarating.
- Java: a child of technology, you are technically proficient and like all things in code.
- Optimisers: you like fulfilling the potential of others, be it by helping them or helping yourself.
- RSS ( Really Serious Sorts): Work is serious to you, going the extra mile is a given.
- Social Networkers: an obsessive compulsive need to socialize is your thing, just make sure your not always on facebook!
- Brain stormer: ideas come easily to you, concepts fall on your lap without much effort.
- Sales: You are a talker and think that persuading people is a job.
- 3 months
- 6 months
- 9 months
- 12 months
- Experience and knowledge: Knowledge and experience on the functioning of a marketing firm.
- Certificate: A printed certificate with the WAAM logo acknowledging that the individual has successfully completed the internship.
- Reference: A reference from the WAAM firm to future employers.
- What do I get from a WAAM Internship? A WAAM internship will provide you with invaluable practical work experience in the marketing industry which can be used as a platform to gain employment.
- What does WAAM do? As a marketing firm WAAM helps companies improve on their current marketing activities in an attempt to stimulate more business for the company. WAAM has worked successfully with big name brands including: McAfee, Kyocera and Lexus.
- How big is the company? WAAM is a small to medium sized organisation with a small intimate staff that are always willing to lend a helping hand. There are always a couple of interns at the office at one time so that you can share your experience with like minded individuals.
- Why is the minimum duration of the internship 3 months? WAAM feels that in order to gain a fully holistic understanding of both the company's operations and also to develop and gel with the WAAM team a significant amount of time is required to do this.
- What Sort of work experience is required to get a WAAM internship? Essentially WAAM is looking for hard working, ambitious motivated individuals that are willing to learn. A qualification or skill set with particular software is advantageous but is not required.
WAAM is all about marketing! We specialise in branding & design, web services & support, marketing & strategy, video & photography, print management, project management and more. Read More
WAAM offers the full range of project marketing services from branding, CGIs, 3D models, online advertising campaigns, project websites,
project marketing collateral and more.
design & branding
WAAM's graphic design experts will create or reinvigorate your brand by developing and strengthening your professional identity. We create a strong visual brand that drives market share and brand recognition.
WAAM can help you bring your brand to life through the preparation, planning and organisation of an event. We can ensure your event will be well executed from end to end, and leaving an impression.